As you will be aware the Government have issued comprehensive guidance in relation to returning to school in September. We have been working through it and are looking forward to welcoming all of the children back on Thursday 3rd September 2020.
We have attached a link to the guidance for parents/carers at the end of this newsletter.
From September all children will be back in their classes as normal and we will operate year group ‘bubbles.’ This will mean that children from one year group can be taught together, play together, have lunch together etc. They can also enter and exit the school building together at set times.
Entering and leaving school
It is therefore important that you know the temporary new start and end times of the school day as they will have to be staggered across the school.
When bringing your child to school we are advising:
- Only one adult to accompany children to school
- Adults to observe social distancing of 2m
- Adults to avoid congregating with other adults
- Children to be held by the hand and not allowed to run around the yard
- If you need to speak to a member of staff, please telephone to arrange a call back
- If you have to speak to staff at the door, please ensure you are 2m away from them
- You must bring your child into school during your allocated time slot
- Please check as some year groups will enter and exit through their classroom
Start and end times for each year group are:
Reception – All new reception parents/carers should have had an email yesterday with times for the first few days. Please come into the KS1 yard and enter through the classroom doors.
From Monday 14th September, Reception school day will be 8.50a.m. start 3.00p.m. collect.
|Year Group||Start |
|Door / Gate
to be used
|Reception||8.50am||3.00pm||KS1 Playground & Reception classroom doors.|
|Year 1 ||8.55am||3.05pm||Classroom doors|
|Year 2||8.50am||3.00pm||Classroom doors|
|Year 3||8.55am||3.05pm||Classroom doors|
|Year 4||8.50am||3.00pm||ASDA gates|
|Year 5||9.00am||3.10pm||ASDA gates|
|Year 6||8.50am||3.00pm||Front gates
Attendance at school becomes statutory again from 1st. September so our usual attendance procedures will be applied. Please contact the office on the first day of absence by 9.00a.m. to inform us of the reason for your child’s absence if they are unable to come to school.
We will be allowing all children to come to school on their PE day wearing their outdoor PE kit – they will not wear their school uniform that day. This will reduce the need for getting changed and storing PE bags in school. Please ensure your child has an outdoor kit: Black jogging bottoms, red PE T-shirt, sweatshirt/hoodie and trainers. PE takes place twice each week.
On-line/home learning will not be provided during the 6 week summer holidays. The year group email addresses will not be monitored over the summer holidays. If you have an urgent concern, please contact Mrs Murray on 07469 402630 or the Children’s Services Front door on 01325 406222.
Symptoms/potential cases of COVID-19
Any child or staff member who is feeling unwell MUST NOT come into school.
If your child (or member of the household) displays any of the recognised symptoms of Covid – 19 they should not be sent to school and you should ring to arrange a test as soon as possible.
- New persistent cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste or smell
If a child exhibits these symptoms in school, they will be immediately isolated, and you will be contacted to come and collect your child. We will expect that a test will be arranged to confirm the symptoms.
- Signage will continue to be provided around the school
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building during the day
- Please only come to the school office if it is an emergency and can’t be dealt with through a telephone call or email
- Only one person in the entrance area at a time
- Parental helpers/volunteers will not be working in school for the foreseeable future
- Handwashing will remain a priority
- All children will be provided with their own pencil case with their own equipment to use – there will not be any sharing of equipment
- Classroom windows and doors will remain open
- Children’s desks will all be forward facing
- Outdoor learning will be promoted
- PPE will be worn by staff if administering first aid as they will be in close contact with the child
- The school will be cleaned regularly throughout the day
- Assemblies/parent/carer events will not take place for the foreseeable future
- An act of collective worship will take place each day in individual classes instead of whole school assemblies
- Children will still be discouraged from bringing things from home to school including bikes and scooters. Each child can bring a named water bottle and lunchbox if required.
- Staff will sensitively encourage social distancing of children
- Children will have lunch and play with their year group ‘bubble.’
It is vital that all of the changes mentioned above are followed by the whole school community.
Your on-going support is greatly appreciated. Please view the GOV.uk website for further information.